Yes, the way you would do this in prototype is to create an html element
that element. When the onclick event is invoked on that element, you would
want to use Element.insert() to dynamically insert a new file input element
to your form.

I hope this helps somewhat. I won't give out sample code for what you are
trying to accomplish, but maybe someone else will.