        <head>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="../prototype.js"></script>
                        #box{position:fixed;width:100px;border:3px solid
#000;background-
color:#00ff00;font-size:14pt;font-weight:bold;text-
align:center;padding:50px 25px;cursor:pointer;}
                <script type="text/javascript">
                        var MyOBJ = new Class.create();
                        MyOBJ.prototype = {
                                initialize: function(){
                                        try{

$('box').addEventListener("click",this.takeAction,false);
                                        }
                                        catch(error){alert(error);}
                                },
                                takeAction: function(event){
                                        alert("I got to this function without
issue.");
                                        this.anotherAction();
                                },
                                anotherAction: function(){
                                        alert("I won't get here.");

                        document.observe("dom:loaded", function(){
                                var spriteOBJ = new MyOBJ();
                        });
                </script>
        </head>