I am kind of sure all browser has a size limit on GET method
parameters.
IE6 just happens to have the smaller one.

On a general way, there is very few advantage to use GET instead of
POST, so you should not use GET except in some very specific cases
like sending an username or a fixed size's session ID[1]

However, you should know that there is also a size limit in POST
parameters on the server side.
Default value for those is often around 8 or 16 MB (which should be
enough).
Note also that some server-side technologies (like PHP) have another
limit for the size of uploaded files.
This means that if this limit is 2MB, you will not be able to send a
3MB file in your form, even if you fixed the POST limit size to
8MB[2].

Eric

[1] I said it would work. Not that it would be safe to do it :o)
[2] I lost a lot of time on this one first time I met this issue...