Hi,

Hope you enjoy Prototype!

The Prototype equivalent of jQuery's `$` function is `$$` (yes,
really):
http://api.prototypejs.org/language/dollardollar/

The Prototype equivalent of jQuery's `css` function is `setStyle`:
http://api.prototypejs.org/dom/element/setstyle/

Prototype doesn't conflate the concepts of elements and lists of
elements like jQuery does, and so `setStyle` is for operating on a
single element, not a list of them. However, Prototype provides the
`invoke` function on arrays and other enumerable things to let you
call the same function on each item in the array:
http://api.prototypejs.org/language/enumerable/prototype/invoke/

So basically (assuming Prototype supports those CSS selectors, and I
think it does -- esp. if you use 1.7 and plug in the Sizzle engine,
which is what jQuery uses):
* * * *
$$("td:contains('Pendiente')").invoke("setStyle", "background",
"#c00");
$$("td:contains('Procesando')").invoke("setStyle", "background",
"#0c0");
$$("td:contains('Completo')").invoke("setStyle", "background",
"#000");
* * * *

If you're new to Prototype, it's __well worth__ your time to sit down
and read the API from beginning to end. It takes about 1-2 hours, and
will save you a lot more than that much time within the first couple
of weeks of use. Really 1-2 hours, I'm not joshing you. :-)
http://api.prototypejs.org

The "learn" page on the site is also useful, although frankly a bit
dated. There's also an unofficial wiki:
http://prototypejs.org/learn
http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com

HTH,