Hi,

What you're looking for would need to be a feature of the
"lightwindow" library you're using; it's not a Prototype thing.
Basically, how "lightwindows" or lightboxes in general work is to
absolutely position elements above the main content of your page
(optionally dimming your page through a partially-transparent filter).
Then they remove themselves when the user does something (like click
an X box or some such). That's the bit you need to hook into, the bit
where they remove themselves. How you do that will depend entirely on
the library you're using, and I guarantee you they provide a means of
hooking into it -- that's absolutely basic functionality.

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant
mail: tj / crowder software / com
web: www / crowder software / com