Hi,

I don't think the core team generally push betas to Google (and that's
what an RC is, a beta -- a late-stage beta to be sure, but a beta).
Only GAs go there as far as I know.

No idea how far 1.7 is from being released. The Lighthouse project[1]
is showing 28% complete, with 47 of 170 tickets resolved, but I expect
some (many?) of those remaining tickets will be moved to a 1.7.1
milestone or some such.

[1] https://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8886/home
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com