Hi,

I doubt you can get Prototype and MooTools to work reliably together
on the same page, regardless of what browser you're using. Prototype
and MooTools use some of the same global symbols (`$` for instance)
and neither of them as far as I know has any kind of "compatibility"
or "no conflict" mode that would allow them to play nicely with
others. Prototype and MooTools both make changes to the prototypes of
HTML elements and various natives (like Array), some of which
extensions stomp on each other.

I'd recommend either using MooTools plug-in for model boxes (if that's
your only reason for using Prototype), or ditching MooTools entirely
and switching over to Prototype. MooTools was "inspired by" (or forked
from, depends who you ask) Prototype and so a number of things are the
same (but a number are different as well).

HTH,
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com
www / crowder software / com