Hi,

> David, although your suggestion doesn't throw any errors, it doesnt work
> either... kinda wierd as I thought it would...

It does work, barring there being something wrong somewhere else:
http://jsbin.com/elota3

The problem with your original code was as as Jonathan said, you were
passing the string "input[type=radio][name='type'][value=selectThis]"
into $$ as the selector. David's suggestion fixes that by using the
*value* of selectThis rather the actual text "selectThis". As the live
example above shows, that works.

FWIW,
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com