Hi JoJo,

This is more a work around than a fix, but you may try to:
- set the textarea's readonly attribute to true instead of disable it
(that would prevent the user to type anything while letting the cursor
in place)
- add a custom class name to the textarea that make it look disabled
(setting a gray background and dark gray text should do it)

Instead of enabling it again, you just set readOnly to false and
remove the custom class name.

HTH.
Eric