Hi,

> I'm upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6.1, and Firefox reports an error in
> prototype_update_helper.js (line 380)...

As there's no prototype_update_helper.js in Prototype itself, you'll
need to show the actual code being used. If it's using the internals
of the `Hash` object (instead of its published API), I'm afraid you'll
have to rewrite it to use the API instead (as internals can change
from a dot rev to a dot rev without notice).

FWIW,
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com
www / crowder software / com