> some form controls (radio, checkbox, maybe others...) have a native
> click() method that toggles them, so that would be in conflict...

Nice one, *exactly* why this sort of thing is not generally a good
idea. Create a utility class to do it, etc., but putting them on the
actual elements is asking for trouble.

Re the `click` event on form controls (which are Elements, of course):
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-DOM-Level-2-HTML-20030109/html.html#ID-2651361