If you have the Firebug window open, then click on the console tab so the errors will appear. If Firebug can work out where the error is coming from, it will tell you. Click on the error to focus on that line of the script. If the error is nested a few layers down, you're probably going to have to trace by the function name in your own code -- or set breakpoints and step through the code (but I've never learned properly how to do that, so don't ask!).

Walter