I think that's the only way you're going to get the actual click. Oh, I suppose you could observe the click event on a parent element, but I don't think that form elements follow the rules of bubbling events the same way that other page elements do. You'll have to test on a number of browsers and see if something like this works:

$('myForm').observe('click',function(evt){
        var elm;
        if( elm = evt.findElement('input#myFirstSubmit') ){
                //do something here
        }else
        if( elm = evtFindElement('input#mySecondSubmit') ) {
                //do something else here

Walter