Hi,

I'm using some draggables, where "on drop" I create a new element
positioned in the place that the draggable was dropped. So you can
drag multiple things (from, say a toolbar) onto the page where ever
you like.

I used the following snippet to do so with Prototype 1.6.1 and
Scriptaculous 1.8.3:

https://gist.github.com/7dfe4c273d4c73ec11e0

This worked fine with Prototype 1.6.1, the new element would be
created where the draggable was dropped. However, with Prototype 1.7,
the new element is created where the draggable was *dragged from*.

It's almost as if the onDrop event is being called after it reverts
back to it's original position. I've tried bisecting through the
commits between 1.6 and 1.7 to see if I can find the time that it
changes, but so many commits between the two versions break
Scriptaculous in multiple ways so I haven't been able to narrow it
down.

Is this expected behaviour now? Is this is bug in Prototype or
Scriptaculous?

Or is there a better way to achieve what I want?

Cheers

Phil