On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:10, stefan <ste...@ott.net> wrote:

> I've been using prototype for a while now and I quite enjoy it.
> However, it seems that with the recent upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 the
> toJSON method on hashes broke (or the way that I'm using it is no
> longer supported). Since I could not find any information about this
> anywhere, I'm posting here.

Indeed "toJSON" has disappeared from Array and (as it seems)
also from Hash. I was bit by this (I had to rework a lot of code).

We are now supposed to use "Object.toJSON(MyArray)" and
"Object.toJSON(MyHash)" instead (although I haven't
actually had occasion to do that with hashes).

> Is this a bug in prototype 1.7 or am I doing something wrong?

Prototype 1.7 now follows the ECMAScript standard for these
methods.'

--
Bertil Wennergren <berti...@gmail.com>