Walter,

I think you answered my question in your first paragraph, namely about
the page knowing only about the elements existing inside an opening
and closing of an event firing.

Quite amazing how hard a concept that was for me to grasp from reading
the Prototype API and tutorials pages. I guess that is more of a cross-
browser DOM fact, and the Prototype folks probably assume that we
should know that.

You learn something new everyday. Thank you for your answer and
example.

Best,

neorou