On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 17:36, Walter Lee Davis <wa...@wdstudio.com> wrote:

> The Prototype folks feel your pain, and have added a new "on" event handler
> construct in 1.7 that encapsulates the deferred listener technique, I
> believe. I haven't tried it yet, but the blog posts about it make it sound
> like bee's knees on sliced bread!

Maybe, but - if I've understood things correctly - in some cases you can't use
that technique, mainly "focus", "blur" and "load" (on input elements). In
those cases you have to get the events in the capture phase, and that
is not supported by Prototypes "bind" and "on" functions.

Instead we have to use the basic Javascript "addEventListener".

If it turns out I'm wrong about this, I will be very happy.

--
Bertilo Wennergren