Hi,

> like:  var id = "<%=id from jsp%>";

That would work, provided that at that point in the JSP rendering of
the output (on the server), you have the ID you want in a variable or
something, e.g.:

var id = "<%=theId%>";

Remember that this is controlling what gets sent to the client. So if
at that point in the JSP processing, `theId` contains "foo", what gets
sent to the client would be:

var id = "foo";

HTH,
Independent Software Engineer