ok, well as i said i was not a javascript guru, but i think i may have
found the issue after going through the IE debugger... it appears that
lightbox that i'm using is causing the issue with an endless loop or
something which is causing the stack overflow. and it is the reason
for the handler not defined... when i got rid of lightbox all the
issues went away. I don't know enough about javascript to figure out
how to make it work properly but i am smart enough to get rid of
something that is broke. So no more lightbox. I can prolly make me a
simple modal window for my needs... if not, i will just go the old
fashion way of doing things :(

anyways, if anyone wants to look into what i found i can post more
information about such as the lines i found the errors on.

thanks for your time guys/gals