Hi,

> I also tried with the dummy example given in the prototype
> documentation:
>
> var datatest = $H({name: 'Violet', occupation: 'character', age:
> 25 });
>  alert(Object.toJSON(datatest));

It works just fine: http://jsbin.com/oruho

So that tells us it's something about your specific environment, not
Prototype itself. Recommend trying to create a minimalist, self-
contained example demonstrating the problem, because that will either
demonstrate where the real problem is, or form the basis of a bug
report. :-)
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com
www / crowder software / com