This is where the Self Contained Failing Test is useful. Try to make a static HTML version of your assembled page at the point where it fails. Use Firebug's inspector to see the rendered HTML including any client-side modifications and use copy and paste liberally to construct this Frankenpage in a text editor. Then confirm that it still fails for you, and if it does, post it somewhere where another pair of eyes can look at it. (Post a link here.)

Walter