Hi,

OMG. Out of curiousity, I looked at the prototype.js file you
referenced in that file; wow was I in for a shock: You're using
Prototype 1.3.1?!?!?!!

That version was superceded more than SIX YEARS AGO. I don't actually
know when, because the Prototype changelog doesn't go back that far,
but we're talking 2005 here. The pre-release of 1.5 was January, 2006.

And yes, looking at the code, apparently 1.3.1 extended
Object.prototype. That's a very bad idea, the team learned that, and
the library hasn't done it in years.

You can / should / must / *really need to* download the latest
here: ;-)
http://prototypejs.org/download
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com