Hi,

That's strange, if you're getting the element from $(), it should
already be extended (and if not, explicitly extending it should work).

My only thought is that for some reason, the element lookup isn't
working at all and so it's not that it's not extended, but that the
element isn't there. That's the first thing I'd check -- e.g., whether
this.element is undefined rather than an un-extended DOM element. Just
as well IE8 has a built-in minimalist debugger... :-)

HTH,
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com
www / crowder software / com