I have something working, but seems that the fetch routine is firing too
soon, so I wonder if I'm using viewportOffset and getScrollOffset
incorrectly.

        var item = this.layer.select('div.content_item').last();
        var vp_top = item.viewportOffset()['top'];
        var item_top = document.viewport.getScrollOffsets()['top'];
        if(item_top > vp_top) {
           ... fetch more data ...
        }

So above, item represents the last item from the list of results on the page
and vp_top is of course the viewportOffset value.I'm expecting that the item
top value is less than the viewportOffset top value until it has scrolled
into view.  Instead, the ... fetch more data ... code is firing well before
the layer comes into view.

Thanks for any help.

Karl..