Chosen looks really cool. The problem with Chosen is (quoting from the
website):

> What browsers are supported?
> All modern browsers are support (Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE9).
> Legacy support for IE8 is also enabled.

So, "legacy" support for the 30% of the general populace using IE8
(and I've tried it, it's pretty slow), and no support at all for the
17% using IE6 and IE7 (and I've tried it, it doesn't work correctly).
[1] Ouch, that's half of your average site's users who won't get the
enhanced version or get it but have it run slowly. Of course, every
site's audience is different, for some sites -- web programming sites
and such -- you'd be on pretty safe ground.

Still, it's early days, hopefully they'll be able to improve the IE8
support and add support for IE6 and IE7 (until those finally actually
die -- and wouldn't that be nice!).

[1] http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2

Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com