Well, and agreeably what I wrote seems a bit odd, however there are many
cases when making "this" available to the anonomyous function is handy.
 What I have found, is when I bind "this", then you lose scope of the
containing context.  Take for example:

var x = 1;
vary array = [1,2,3,4];

array.each(function(num) {
  if (num == x) {      // x is out of scope, x is undefined
    // do something, involving "this"
  }.bind(this));

So, to bind this, and pass the value of x, the argument order seems to be
backwards.