On Oct 4, 5:38 pm, surge <gera...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have this nasty problem with hashes. IE 8 disregards the order of
> hash element declarations and when I do hash_name.each(), the result
> is "out of order" so to speak -- although I know that the order is not
> guaranteed. What's the best solution if I want to stay with hashes?

You said it yourself: The order is not guaranteed. It could change
from one dot release of the browser to the next. If you need a
specific order, you need to get the keys (Hash#keys[1]) and sort them
(Array#sort[2]), then loop through them in their (now) sorted order.

[1] http://api.prototypejs.org/language/Hash/prototype/keys/
[2] http://es5.github.com/#x15.4.4.11
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com