Do I understand this right that you suggest adding one special class or
attribute to all clickable elements, so that in my observer I can check for
that class/attribute in the very first line minimizing the amount of if
statements PLUS you suggest to delegate the triggered event to the [clicked]
element so that I don't have one big eventhandler and can keep a good
software structure?

If I understand this right this would be THE answer.