IE 9 makes major changes to the event system. We had to rewrite the
event code in 1.7 to support it. You can either (a) upgrade to 1.7;
(b) force your site into compatibility mode [1].

I highly recommend option A. If it's not a seamless upgrade, option B
is there as a last resort.

Cheers,
Andrew

[1]