Hi there,

Just trying to move a XHTML+XML page to support IE9, which uses
prototype. However i'm getting an error from the prototype.js. It's
been works fine from firefox since FF v2.x..

The following code (when named with the .xml extension):

<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/
libs/prototype/1.7.0.0/prototype.js"></script>
</head>

gives me an IE9 error:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method
'getElementsByClassName'
prototype.js, line 4813 character 2

However If I rename to a .html extension, it doesn't raise the error.
I assume IE9 is changing how it parses the javascript/DOM. However I
need the .xml extension as it contains embedded SVG.

I'm also looking at HTML5, however I need to support older firefox
versions which don't support HTML5..

Any ideas?

Cheers

James