Well, I finally got it working. Instead of trying to adapt the scripts to my
database, I adapted my database to work with the scripts by changing some of my
field names to match the field names in the example database.

This took me so much longer than I expected, was about to give up when I
thought of doing that. Leaned a whole bunch about PHP, JavaScript and MySql
while working on this, so it was worth the frustration.

-Joel