On Jun 12, 2012, at 12:20 PM, santino83 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to load an xhtml fragment inside a div. I'm using
> Ajax.Request to do this. so I have two pages:
>
> 1) Main.html
>
> 2) Ajax_Called.html
>
> in Main.html I have all the css needed by my code, and all works ok.
> When I load the Ajax_Called.html page, the source code of this page
> (only an html snippet) is correctly insert into my div, but browsers
> don't apply css rules on the new elements (I tested it with Safari and
> Opera, both up to date).
>
> the code is pretty simple:
>
> $('myButton').on('click',function(){
>
>   new Ajax.Request('/Ajax_Called.html',{
>       onComplete:function(response){
>          $('myTargetDiv').update(response.responseText);
>       }
> });

You could make it much simpler:

$('myButton').on('click', function(evt){
        new Ajax.Updater('myTargetDiv', 'Ajax_Called.html', {method: 'get'});
});

> I looked for an help in the docs, but I've found nothing... Googling
> the same... Any helps?

Try manually constructing what you expect the final page to be (view source on
the original, copy, paste into a new editor, copy the entire source of
Ajax_Called.html and paste it into myTargetDiv. Then validate the whole lot at
http://validator.w3.org

One thing that occurs to me is that you may have a complete HTML document in
Ajax_Called.html, rather than just a fragment. It has to be the latter.

Walter