@Walter Lee Davis,

Thanks for your demo I see it works but I can't get it working with the
class selector. Class selector is a requirement since we cannot use ID or
ClientID(id selector provided for javascript in asp.net) because of our
current setup.

I have gone back to my original and am trying to debug why
this doesn't work: http://jsfiddle.net/VUPKx/3/

@YourPadre

Error console did not show me any errors I was hoping error log would show
a syntax issue the very least.

Thanks for your recommendations.