Hi!

> The issue I'm facing with is the fact that the cards can be stacked.
> As an example, please go to this snippet: http://jsfiddle.net/QxjNc/9/
>
> The card C is the "child" of B, thus when drag'ndropping B, I drag'ndrop
> also C.
>
> Now to reproduce the problem:
> 1. Drag C to the right (the dropzone becomes pink) and drop it. All is ok.
> 2. Drag B (+C) to the right and drop it. All is ok.
> 3. Drag C to the right and... tadaaa ! C is dragged *in the back* of
> the right part, whereas it was not the case at step 1.
>
> How could you explain that? How can it be fixed?

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1467777

http://www.w3.org/wiki/CSS_absolute_and_fixed_positioning#Local_stacking_contexts

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Understanding_CSS_z-index

Every element whose z-index is specified as an integer establishes a new,
“local”, stacking context in which the element itself has stack level 0.
This is the difference I mentioned before between z-index: auto and
z-index: 0. The former doesn’t establish a new stacking context, but the
latter does.

When an element establishes a local stacking context, the stack levels of
its positioned descendants apply within this local context only. These
descendants can be re-stacked with respect to one another, and with respect
to their parent, but not with respect to the parent’s siblings. It’s like
the parent forms a “cage” around its descendants, so that they cannot
escape from it. The descendants may be moved up and down within this cage,
but they can’t get out of the cage. The parent and its descendants will
form an indivisible unit within the stacking context that surrounds the
parent.