        a++
        return a;
    }
    ews.publicFunction = testFunction1;
})(ews);

function start(){
    var number = ews.publicFunction(5);
    var result = number(6);
    var element = new Element('span', { 'id': 'testSpan', 'class': 'test'
}).insert('stop:_' + result);
    ews.eventElement = element.on('click', eventFunc.bind(element));
    $('container').insert(element);
}

function eventFunc(event,element) {
    ews.eventElement.stop();
    ews.eventElement = null;
    element.purge();
    element.remove();
    element = null;
    delete (element);
}

As you can see I'm creating a simple HTML span, adding an event to it and
inserting the span to my HTML body.

Before clicking IE8 keeps 49.664 Kb

Normally after clicking I'm removing everything, the element and the event
but the memory grows instead of going down!!

After clicking IE8 keeps 49.800 Kb

It's a small difference but I still can't understand why after destroying
everything the memory grows. Also, in my real application I have thousands
of events so I have thousands of Kb growing and growing every time a user
clicks.

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Kr, Jose