epoch,
    How were you able to send the handshake? what did you do to send out
the handshake was it something in the json packet that caused the browser
to think that it was a response from the auth server? Please let me know,
because I am facing a similar issue with IE8 and my server also uses LDAP
server for authentication.

Thanks,
Parik