Thank you very much !!!
Without *addHeader* the following code only worked on IE, but adding this
line also works in Chrome and Firefox.
The problem was Chrome and Firefox html page didn't receive xmlhttp.status
== 200, only xmlhttp.readyState == 4, only received status == 0.
public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
java.util.Date today = new java.util.Date();
"<h1 align=center>Ejemplo1 de Servlet</h1>\n" +
"<br>\n" + today + "</body>\n"+
On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:08:00 PM UTC-4, Ronen wrote:
> Excellent. Thanks very much T.J.. your idea worked.
> In my servlet, I overrided the doOptions() method from HttpServlet and
> returned the response headers that you suggested:
> > response.addHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Origin", "*");
> > response.addHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Methods",
> > response.addHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Headers",
> and Firefox and Chrome both started working beautifully (also verified
> that IE still works).
> In the end, my overall intent is to package this HTML file with my web
> application, so it sounds like I won't need to have this doOptions()
> in my servlet. It's just that in the beginning, I figured I would
> test the HTML file outside of the web app and I guess I didn't realize
> I would run into this kind of trouble. Still, it's always good to
> know how to go about fixing something like this in the future.
> Thanks for everyone's help.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Prototype & script.aculo.us" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.