Let me fire up my laptop and look at some code I have... I'm returning xml
and it seems there was something I had to do differently but I don't recall
what (or if) it was...
On Nov 24, 2013 9:00 AM, "blumus" <leiman.bar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using Java
>
> *Here is the "header code" from Java*
>
> public void handle(HttpExchange t) throws IOException {
>             System.out.println("Received Request
> from"+t.getRemoteAddress().getHostString());
>

>          // set headers
>

> *Headers headers = t.getResponseHeaders();
> headers.set("Access-Control-Allow-Origin", "*");
> headers.set("Access-Control-Allow-Methods", "GET");
> headers.set("Content-Type", "application/xml");*
>

>             String response = RESPONSE;
>             *t.sendResponseHeaders(200, response.length());*
>
> *Here are the headers  from wireshark*
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 05:46:49 GMT
> Access-control-allow-methods: GET
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><ajax-response><response
> type="object" id="productDetails"><monthly-
> sales><employee-sales><employee-id>1234</employee-id>
> <year-month>1998-01</year-month><sales>$8,115.36</sales>
> </employee-sales></monthly-sales></response></ajax-response>
>
> Thanks blumus
> On Sunday, November 24, 2013 3:43:21 PM UTC+2, ppetree wrote:
>>
>> Php on the back end? What headers are you sending back?
>> On Nov 24, 2013 7:53 AM, "blumus" <leiman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I'm a newbie to html, js and protype.js. I've written a small script to
>>> try out Ajax.request.
>>>
>>> $("sendFormSimple")
>>>                                 .observe(
>>>                                         "submit",
>>>                                         function(e) {
>>>                                             e.stop();
>>>                                             log("Send Http Button
>>> Pressed \n");
>>>                                             new Ajax.Request(
>>>                                                     '
>>> http://127.0.0.1:8000/test<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2F127.0.0.1%3A8000%2Ftest&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFMhun0Vydf4ufBpg2WRRnyvrvj_w>
>>> ',
>>>                                                     {
>>>                                                         method : 'get',
>>>
>>> contentType:'application/xml',
>>>                                                         onSuccess :
>>> function(
>>>
>>> transport) {
>>>                                                             var response
>>> = transport.responseText
>>> "no response text";
>>>
>>> log("Success! "
>>>                                                                     +
>>> response
>>>                                                                     +
>>> "\n");
>>>                                                         },
>>>                                                         onFailure :
>>> function() {
>>>
>>> log("Something went wrong...\n");
>>>                                                         }
>>>                                                     });
>>>                                         });
>>>     <form id="sendFormSimple">
>>>         <input type="submit" value="Send Http">
>>>     </form>
>>>
>>> When the button to http is pressed a request goes out but it *does not *come
>>> back to the js code. The request/response  is seen/successful  from
>>> 1) the server logs
>>> 2) wireshark
>>> 3) when accessing
>>> http://127.0.0.1:8000/test<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2F127.0.0.1%3A8000%2Ftest&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFMhun0Vydf4ufBpg2WRRnyvrvj_w>from
>>>  the browser  (firefox&chrome)
>>>
>>> Here is the response from wireshark
>>>
>>> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 05:46:49 GMT
>>> Access-control-allow-methods: GET
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><ajax-response><response
>>> type="object" id="productDetails"><monthly-sales><employee-sales><
>>> employee-id>1234</employee-id><year-month>1998-01</year-
>>> month><sales>$8,115.36</sales></employee-sales></monthly-
>>> sales></response></ajax-response>
>>>
>>> Based on other posts
>>> * added Access-control-allow-origin: * to header
>>> * running from apache server instead of file system
>>> Still the response is not received
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>>>
>>> BTW - here is the debugger output
>>> transport
>>> klass { request=klass, transport=XMLHttpRequest, readyState=4, more...}
>>> headerJSON
>>> null
>>> readyState
>>> 4
>>> request
>>> klass { options={...}, transport=XMLHttpRequest, url=
>>> "http://127.0.0.1:8000/test";, more...}
>>> responseJSON
>>> null
>>> responseText
>>> ""
>>> responseXML
>>> null
>>> status
>>> 0
>>> statusText
>>> ""
>>> transport
>>> XMLHttpRequest { readyState=4, timeout=0, withCredentials=false, more...
>>> }
>>> _getHeaderJSON
>>> function()
>>> _getResponseJSON