Happy New Year to you too. I'm not a power user but maintain a site
with lots of widgets that are Prototype based, including wide use of
TableKit and Ajax pop-up editors. I've been holding off investing too
heavily in scriptaculous and Prototype because of the uncertainty but
on the flip side have a big job to convert to anything else.

thanks for your support on this forum though - it's comforting to know
there's some out there.

If Prototype were open-sourced with the enthusiasts maintaining it I
would feel much better about it.

cheers
Dave