It is with great pleasure (and just a bit of last minute fuss) that the
Equinox Provisioning team announces the delivery of its Milestone 1.
Milestone 1, as the name implies, is our first step towards a  new
provisioning system for Eclipse. We have hit most of the major items on
the  M1 plan and most importantly are well-positioned to acheive the M1
goal of self-provision. That is, we will now use the new provisioning
support to install and manage the Eclipse environment that we ourselves
use to write the provisioning system.

Over the comming weeks we will undoubtedly find various issues and make
numerous improvements.  We invite you along on that journey with the
understanding that this is M1.  It is very early days and the road will be
bumpy in spots.  Your ideas, insights, bug reports and contributions are
what will make this effort a success.  Please direct comments to the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list and bug reports to the
Eclipse/Equinox/Incubator bugzilla bucket (use [prov] in the summary
line).

For more details (in progress) see:
        http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_Provisioning_M1

The Equinox Provisioning Team