First off, the Eclipse Summit Europe is coming and is looking like a great
event.
        http://eclipsesummit.org/summiteurope2007/

Last year there were a series of very cool symposia during the conference.
 This year that set has been expanded and now occupy a full day prior to
the main event.
        http://eclipsesummit.org/summiteurope2007/index.php?page=tuesday/

Tim Webb (Maya) and I are hosting a Provisioning  Symposium with the
intention of following on from the Ganymede Provisioning workshop held in
the spring.  That workshop was very successful as a context-setting and
initial direction setting effort.  Several key connections were made and
fruit of those connections has been born.  In the intervening months both
the Equinox provisioning effort (now called "p2") and Maya have made
progress and much code has been written.  This symposium brings together
committers and interested parties to report on and evaluate current
provisioning initiatives, sketch efficient and practical solutions to real
provisioning problems and identify opportunities for cooperation.
 http://eclipsesummit.org/summiteurope2007/index.php?page=detail/&id=5

The symposium is structured as a relatively informal gathering where the
focus is on discussion, not presentation.  To facilitate that discussion
we are asking potential participants to send in a position paper
describing their interests.  This does not have to be anything fancy or
long.  Just outline what your use cases, interests, code, ...  See the
symposium description for more details.
 http://eclipsesummit.org/summiteurope2007/index.php?page=symposiaformat/

Hope to see you there.

Jeff/Tim