It's been a few months since the last update/action alert. We hope you're having a good last few weeks of summer.
1. We still need collect signatures for the Intiative to get it on the ballot. I've only received 1 call from 1 person in the last few months saying that they had collected signatures. Your help is greatly needed: http://provocitizens.net/petition.html
We'll be handing out voter registration forms along with this. Please help!
2. Campaigning for city council seats is underway. There are 15 candidates running for the 4 seats:
A space for each candidate's platform and answers to key questions will be on the website soon.
3. Effective last Friday, Theron Harmon has resigned as the chairman of ProvoCitizens.net in order to run for city council, in the 3rd district, which is the south one. Chris Jones will be the acting chairman until our next meeting when we'll elect a new chair. If you'ld like to help Theron in his campaign please call him at 830-0368. We need to beat Melanie McCoard if you know what I mean. :)
4. Please help whereever and whenever you can. During the past year, only about a dozen people have done most of the work in our group to let the citizens of the city know about these zoning issues.
It reminds me of a favorite scripture: "And he told them that these things ought not to be; but that the burden should come upon ALL the people, that every man might bear his part." AND please forward this to your friends and encourage them to sign up for this list.
So please help with what you know you're able to help with. We can not make much progress unless we're all doing our part!
5. Tomorow night, August 19th, the city council will be trying to impose a limit of only 2 singles per home on certain neighborhoods based on an undemocratic survey they recently did: http://www.harktheherald.com/article.php?sid=91699
Please come and speak out! The neighborhoods are: Dixon, Sherwood Hills, Foothills, Indian Hills, Franklin, Joaquin, Lakewood, Provost, North Park, Pleasant View, Wasatch, River Grove, & Fort Utah.
See http://provo.org/council/neighbor/neighbor.html for a map.
Thanks, please forward this to your friends,
Roger Brown Communications guy http://provocitizens.net/ - Sign up for the newsletter here.
________________________________________________________ ProvoCitizens list - http://downtownweb.com/mailman/listinfo/provocitizens To unsubscribe from this list go to the link above and... enter your email address at the bottom of the page.