On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:15 PM, mvillarino <mvillar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/9/8, Leandro Regueiro <leandro.regue...@gmail.com>:
>>> I have ever tryed to stem Galician with Portuguese stemmer, however it
>>> should fail for verbs with enclitic particles (amabachellela ->
>>> amava-che-lhe-la)
> [typo]: I have Never ...
>
>> Now you have implemented stemming we couldn't search the translation
>> for some words like "filtering" that is a substantive and also a verb.
>> Have you considered some idea to solve this, Jacek?
>
> Sorry, I do not understand: please, can you explain in more details
> what the problem is?

Right now open-tran does searches for galician using stemming. That is
good. Or it was good until I tried to search "filtering" and it give
me all the results for "filters", "filtering", "filter", "filtered"
and I only searched for the substantive "filtering" to see the most
common galician translation (maybe "filtro", "filtrado" or
"filtraxe"). So now open-tran is unusable for doing searches like that
one, because you stemmed all the words _before_ saving them in the
database.

Now the question: Jacek, have you considered this issue before
recoding opentran for using stemming prior to dump the raw data in the
database? How can we do searches like that one (getting results only
for "filtering" and not for "filters")?

Bye,
                 Leandro Regueiro