Christian Perrier wrote:
>>     * Ubuntu utiliza Rosetta: unha ferramenta web para a tradución:
>>           o Cada vez que se actualiza un paquete en Ubuntu, en Rosetta
>>             actualízase automáticamente a súa tradución.
>>           o Non se perde traballo: anque se traduza só unha cadea,
>>             queda gardada para que outra persoa poda seguir (eu
>>             empecei a traducir varias veces o Gaim, pero por falta de
>>             tempo todo o traballo feito quedou na miña computadora).
>>           o Pódese traballar en equipo.
>>           o O traballo feito queda reflexado de inmediato en Ubuntu.
>

>         o And Rosetta is based on non-free software and, more
>               specifically, on software that won't be free for a long
>           time
>
>         o It also lacks the concept of translation owner which,
>               for instance allow anyone to change the very good
>           translations made by Jacobo for the installer without
>           even notifying him...or allow him to learn about these
>           improvements (not saying that it happened for
>               Galician...it happened for other languages)
>

> Rosetta is a good tool and certainly a very good way to bring more
> people to translation work, definitely. But it actually has
> limitations or design mistakes which all its users should be aware of.

Dear Christian,

You are right with your comments. For me, Rosetta's current main
limitation is the lack of a "quality controlling system". I am not a
"Rosetta evangelizer", but I think it is an attractive tool, so we
should take advantage of it. An option is to grant access rights only
for accredited translators (or not to use Rosetta at all), but I don't
consider this a good idea, because it can be very counterproductive
(we are going to lose a lot of volunteers).

Regards,
    Felipe.