On Jul 11, 2010, Dan A. Dickey wrote:

> On Sunday 07 March 2010 12:14:45 Michael Rash wrote:
> > On Mar 04, 2010, Dan A. Dickey wrote:
> > > Mike & all,
> >
> > Hi Dan,
> >
> > > I had a slight problem with using psad on my system and decided to fix
> > > it. For some while now, I've always preferred using iproute2 commands to
> > >
> > > The patch is attached.  Let me know if it doesn't come through the list
> > > ok, I can send it to whomever would like it, and I hope that this works
> > > it's way into the next release of psad.
> >
> > Thanks for the patch - I plan on putting this in the next release.
> >
> > --Mike
>

> Mike -

Hi Dan,

> I didn't see these patches in the 2.1.6 release.
> Will they maybe appear in 2.1.7 sometime soon?
>
> Let me know if they don't meet whatever criteria you may have,
> I can update them for you if you would still like to include them
> at some point.

Apologies for not including the patch.  I'll release psad-2.1.7 in a day or so
to fix this.  Here is psad-2.1.7-pre1 that includes your patch:

http://www.cipherdyne.org/psad/download/psad-2.1.7-pre1.tar.gz
MD5: 400b9fe27007a2428bc70121ab510835

Can you test it out to see if it works for you?  I tested it on an Ubuntu-10.4
system and it worked perfectly.

One note is that I changed a couple of minor things in your patch.  In
particular, psad generally does not do 'defined' checks on psad.conf variables
because it requires all variables to be present (see the required_vars()
function).  So, I changed the patch to psad your IFCFGTYPE variable not
commented out, but with a default of 'ifconfig'.  In the comments above the
variable, it should be clear (I think) that if the value is changed to
'iproute2' then you get the behavior you were looking for.  Here is the
changeset:

I've added you to the credits file for the patch.

Please let me know if this works and then I'll make the psad-2.1.7 release.

Thanks,

--Mike