I recently installed psad on Sabayon hardened server, and it's not sending
alert mails to root.  I followed the guide at
http://linuxdrops.com/install-arno-firewall-with-psad-iptables-on-steroids/#,
and configured everything correctly.  The e-mail address variable in
/etc/psad/psad.conf points to the correct address
(root@localhost.localdomain).  I am also able to send mail to root from
root, as was suggested in the Cipherdyne psad QA page.  So when I use my
other machine to run an nmap scan on the psad machine, it doesn't send
alert mails to root.  psad does work on my other machine when a port scan
has been emitted.  Both machines are running Sabayon, they both have psad
and arno's iptable firewall running as well as postfix and sendmail
daemons.  So I'm not exactly sure what's wrong.