Em 30-05-2014 14:07, Michael Rash escreveu:

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 5:50 AM, Ari Constancio <ari.constan...@gmail.com <mailto:ari.constan...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 10:46 AM, hernani <coelho.hern...@sapo.pt
    <mailto:coelho.hern...@sapo.pt>> wrote:

    > Em 29-05-2014 08:44, hernani escreveu:
    >> hello,
    >>
    >> now when i make this command ---> sudo /etc/init.d/psad start
    >>
    >> give me this error ----> Starting psad: mail: RCPT
    TO:<[psad-status]
    >> firewall setup warning on hernani!@sapo.pt <http://sapo.pt>>
    (553 we don't relay (#5.7.1))
    >> [*] Another /usr/sbin/psad process is already running, exiting. at
    >> /usr/sbin/psad line 10741.
    >>
    > now when i make this command --->
    >   sudo /etc/init.d/psad restart
    >

    > [sudo] password for hernani:
    >   * Stopping the psadwatchd process
    >   * Stopping the kmsgsd process
    >   * Stopping the psad process
    >   * Stopping Port Scan Attack Detector psad                      [
    > OK ]
    >

    >   give me this error---->
    >
    > mail: 554 do not accept sender without TLD (#5.1.7)
    >

    >   * Starting Port Scan Attack Detector
    > psad                               [ OK ]
    > now give me this

    It seems you have problems with your MTA setup, which psad uses to
    send alerts.
    Maybe Michael can clarify this.

Yes, indeed that appears to the problem. Hernani, you will need to review your MTA configuration. Given the error, you may be able to fix this just by including a proper email address in /etc/psad/psad.conf. In particular, the default EMAIL_ADDRESSES variable is just "root@locahost", so I would try putting an email with a top level domain like y...@domain.com <mailto:y...@domain.com> and then restarting psad.

Thanks,

--Mike

    Regards,
    --
    Ari Constâncio
    GPG Fingerprint: C7DA F3CC 0AC6 D8B8 AC91 1FE2 DDA7 EAF5 F61E F16C

hello,

sorry, but the error is in file ssmtp, were is file ssmtp, --->

 #
# Config file for sSMTP sendmail
#
# The person who gets all mail for userids < 1000
# Make this empty to disable rewriting.
root=coelho.hern...@sapo.pt

# The place where the mail goes. The actual machine name is required no
# MX records are consulted. Commonly mailhosts are named mail.domain.com
mailhub=smtp.sapo.pt

# Where will the mail seem to come from?
#rewriteDomain=

error is in hostname, i don`t know what put were.

# The full hostname
hostname=localhost.localdomail

# Are users allowed to set their own From: address?
# YES - Allow the user to specify their own From: address
# NO - Use the system generated From: address
FromLineOverride=NO

thank you

hernani coelho