Hi,

I'm new to the mailing list and hope to find some help/info here regarding
PSAD.

I noticed that PSAD has a fixed dependency on postfix (at least on my
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS system). Is there a way to disable this dependency? I am
not using email alerts in PSAD and do not want to install postfix on all
servers running PSAD. FWIW: I use Logstash to analyze my syslog and notify
me (via nagios) of any suspicious behaviour, so having PSAD email me the
same alert seems like overkill. I also have DSHIELD emails etc disabled.

Simply uninstalling postfix will result in PSAD being uninstalled as well.
Is there a way to make PSAD work without postfix or any other MTA for that
matter?

Regards,
Rinck