Good ideas, guys.

A couple of things to add (perhaps food for thought):

I don't think you are going to get trans-sonic testing without a shock tube.
Supersonic aerodynamics (and testing) is a whole 'nother ballgame. I think I
got a C in that class, at best.  ;-)

The subsonic testing is also going to be subject to weird environment-specific
effects that are dissimilar to what the fin will actually experience in
operational flight.

rq17zt eloquently touched upon the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

Even so, this kind of  test could be illuminating, at the least for trend
analysis useful in refinement of the design, and also, to discover other
"unknown unknowns" that only show up when trying different tests.

In light of the problems we've had with fins in the past, any knowledge gained
would be worth it.

Rocketman Ray