I have an adapter for 1/2" sockets to drill adapter. It has the small 1/4
hex thing though, which may very well twist right off... Perhaps harbor
freight has something a little beefier...

We don't have a generator lined up yet, but I really think we need one out
there... Something big enough to run a 15 amp power tool... I saw some on
craigslist the other day in the 300 dollar range, that may work....